Strategic Acquisition To Expand Custom Cold Plate Capabilities
May 1, 2006, Woburn, MA: Lytron, Inc., a leading supplier of liquid cooling products to OEMs around the world, announced today the acquisition of Lockhart Industries, Inc., a subsidiary of Wakefield Thermal Solutions. Based in Paramount, California, Lockhart designs and manufactures advanced aluminum-brazed cooling components for the military and electronics markets. Lytron plans to move and fully integrate the Lockhart business into its newly expanded Woburn, Massachusetts facility later this year.
Formed in 1964, Lockhart has a strong history of providing top quality components for demanding applications. Lockhart specializes in cold plates with a focus on larger custom designed parts. The company offers in-house design capabilities using CFD, and internally developed thermal analysis programs to provide accurate simulations for customers' projects. Lockhart currently owns and operates one of the largest vacuum-brazing furnace in the United States, which can braze parts up to 10 feet long. Other equipment includes additional vacuum-brazing furnaces, numerous CNC machining centers, fin folding equipment, and a thermal test laboratory.
Lytron is a 150-employee company that specializes in designing and manufacturing high-performance, cost-effective cooling solutions for demanding OEM applications. Lytron was founded in 1958, and is in its 12th consecutive year of sales growth. Some of Lytron's strengths are:
- A broad product offering, which includes all the thermal components in the liquid cooling loop, such as cold plates, cooling systems, and heat exchangers,
- An engineering staff that includes over 20 degreed engineers,
- An around-the-clock 24/7 service department with world-wide service depots,
- Low-cost-country sourcing capability,
- On-time delivery performance in excess of 97%,
- An ISO-9000: 2000 Quality System that conforms to military inspection standard MIL-I-45208A, with AS-9100 certification expected this fall,
- And, a newly constructed, 115,000 ft2 world-class manufacturing facility.
"This acquisition is an excellent strategic fit with Lytron, further strengthening our position in the military and aerospace markets. The ability to manufacture large parts will complement Lytron's current manufacturing operation," says Charles Carswell, president and CEO of Lytron. He continues, "The Lockhart acquisition also further cements Lytron's cold plate leadership. It allows us to expand our offerings and cater even more to the needs of OEMs with challenging cooling specifications."
For more information, visit www.Lytron.com or call +1-781-933-7300.