Lytron Inc. Signs Agreement to Sell Thermocube Chiller from Solid State Cooling Systems
Woburn, MA, March 5, 2003- Lytron, Incorporated announces an agreement that allows it to sell the Thermocube™ recirculating chillers, manufactured by Solid State Cooling Systems, throughout the United States and Canada. The Thermocube is a compact, quiet, CFC-free recirculating chiller which uses thermoelectric modules to precisely control, ±0.15°C, the temperature of a fluid (typically water or a water/ethylene glycol mixture). This fluid is used to stabilize the operating temperature of equipment such as digital X-ray plates or to remove excess heat from lasers and other devices. Typical applications include medical equipment, analytical instruments, electronic components, power supplies, electro-optics, and electrophoresis gels. The Thermocube is available in 300W and 400W capacities (DT=0). It is perfect for applications that require tight temperature stability with a smaller heat load.
The Thermocube provides five significant benefits:
- Size - At 12.75"(L) x 11.0" (W), the Thermocube footprint is up to 40% smaller than a low-capacity, compressor-based chiller. It can easily fit on a workbench, under a lab bench, or tucked away in a corner.
- Quiet - The Thermocube was designed to be quiet. The heart of the unit, the thermoelectric modules, has no moving parts to generate noise. Additionally, it is available with three fan options and with optional sound-dampening insulation. The noise level on the quietest unit is only 53 dBA.
- Reliability - The Thermocube uses high reliability thermoelectric modules. It contains more modules than comparable chillers from other thermoelectric chiller manufacturers. Additional modules mean the power to any one module is at most only 60% of its maximum rating. Limiting the maximum power to the modules increases their mean time between failure (MTBF) by approximately 300% to 150,000 hrs. This unique design and simple electrical and plumbing setup allows for a standard 2-year warranty on the Thermocube.
- Worldwide power compatibility - The unit runs at 50 or 60 Hz and at any voltage. This means OEMs need to inventory only one chiller part number.
- Energy Efficiency - For most applications, the Thermocube is designed to operate in the most efficient range of the thermoelectric modules. As a result, the cooling module's coefficient of performance can be as high as 5.
First time, Thermocube chiller customers will appreciate its compact size and quiet operation. Customers currently using thermoelectric chillers will appreciate the Thermocube's reliability and 2-year warranty. A variety of options are available to customize the unit to specific applications.
Charlie Carswell, Lytron President, stated, "The Thermocube 300W and 400W chiller systems fill a gap in the Lytron product line between our ambient cooling systems and our smallest Kodiak chillers. As such, they enable the expansion of our Total Thermal Solutions™ strategy and effectively position Lytron to supply all the components in a liquid cooling loop. Additionally, the Thermocube chillers meet our standards for superior product quality, ensuring high reliability and maximum up-time in the field."
Lloyd Wright, Solid State Cooling Systems' President, said, "Partnering with Lytron provides an additional sales channel with extensive thermal engineering expertise and broad access to non-semiconductor equipment cooling markets. The Thermocube is the perfect compliment to their line of compressor-based recirculating chillers and ambient cooling systems."
Founded in 1958, Lytron Incorporated is the leader in liquid cooling systems and components and is the only ISO 9001 Registered Total Thermal SolutionsTM provider. ISO registration provides assurance that these liquid-cooling products are defect-free and able to provide years of reliable, high performance service.
Lytron designs and manufactures high performance heat transfer systems and components. Its cooling products include recirculating chillers, compact and portable non-refrigerated cooling systems, compact cold plates, aluminum oil coolers, copper tube fin heat exchangers, stainless steel tube fin heat exchangers, and OEM coils. For more information, contact Lytron at 781-933-7300 or visit www.lytron.com.
Solid State Cooling Systems, founded in 1994, designs and manufactures temperature control products for Original Equipment Manufacturers. Its patented technology provides compact, reliable, energy-saving, and environmentally-friendly chillers and thermoelectric heat exchangers. For more information, contact Solid State Cooling Systems at (845) 635-5500 or visit www.sscooling.com.