Supplier Quality Engineer
Reporting to the Quality Manager will be responsible for identifying, implementing and managing projects that continuously improve the quality of Lytron products and services. In this position you will furnish technical support for shop operations, product, process validation, and failure analysis. You will provide quality engineering support for trend analysis, data collection, corrective action evaluation, and warranty appraisal.
- A four-year degree in an engineering discipline coupled with 3-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have experience working with a Quality Management System such as AS9100 or ISO/TS 16949.
- Direct experience in Statistical Techniques, Design of Experiments (DOE) along with a fully loaded 6 sigma toolbox is considered a minimum requirement for this position.
- Black belt certification or equivalent is desired.
- The ability to communicate with internal and external customers for various audits that occur. Work through the requirements and facilitate the audit process, using the quality tools and responding in an efficient and timely manner to all audit requests and results.
- Very good organization, communication both written and oral.
- Some travel locally and occasionally overnight 3-5%. Will vary based on customer and company needs.
- Knowledge of vacuum brazing and/or GTAW welding is a notable advantage.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Access databases.
As an equal opportunity employer Lytron is committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals with a disability and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Email your resume to Jobs@Lytron.com..