Supplier Quality Engineer
This position reports to the Quality Manager and is responsible for working with commodity and process suppliers to ensure that products and services meet drawing / purchase specification requirements. The SQE works closely with the Purchasing Manager to manage the supply base. Duties include activities such as QMS audits, supplier process certification, monitoring vendor performance and implementing remediation for quality issues.
- Provide quality performance measurements to assigned suppliers on an on-going basis and work with these suppliers to manage and improve their performance and ensure it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Conduct QMS audits and process audits at designated suppliers.
- Validate supplier first article inspections.
- Conduct source inspection at designated suppliers as appropriate.
- Certify supplier processes for critical parts by ensuring process control plans are adequate and establishing Process of Record baselines.
- Generate supplier corrective action requests for repetitive supplier issues and ensure supplier answers identify root cause and define the containment action / corrective action necessary to prevent recurrence.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that they understand the fundamental requirements of Lytron Quality requirements, engineering documentation, FAI process, SCAR process, and workmanship standards.
- BSME or Technical / Science Discipline
- Must possess strong verbal / written communication and computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated experience with manufacturing processes including welding, brazing, plating, CNC machining, assembly, and heat treating.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality metrics, process characterization and mapping, Product Quality / improvement techniques, LEAN Manufacturing, DFM/DFT processes, and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Ability to professionally represent Lytron to its suppliers utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead continuous improvement teams in data collection and analysis, problem solving, and value stream mapping.
- 2+ years of industry experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 + years of Supplier Quality Engineer experience.
Email resume to Jobs@Lytron.com